Company Saves $60K With Worknet
Expense Reduction and Fast Cut-Over
A $500M manufacturing company with more than 2,000 employees and 35 locations came to Worknet with the need to migrate out of the parent company’s data center and off of the corporate network and email service within 180 days. A seamless conversion was required, with no business interruptions. Additionally, lowering on-going IT expenses for the business was a key priority. The company needed a working partnership with open access to senior technical staff and a flexible working relationship.
Worknet’s solution involved the development of a fast track migration plan into Worknet’s data center. Within 45 days, the company converted to Microsoft Active Directory and upgraded to the current release of Microsoft Exchange. 850 employees and 185 Blackberry users migrated to Exchange hosted in Worknet’s data center. Within 90 days, Worknet designed and installed a Wide Area Network using Worknet’s data center as the hub. Worknet implemented incident tracking for streamlined and proactive support. To support the company’s business operations, Worknet implemented a hosted and fully managed ERP system with migration to a virtualized computing infrastructure.
- Reduced monthly IT operating expense by $60,000 with higher levels of service
- Beat conversion milestones of 45, 90 and 180 days without business interruptions
- Standardized IT platforms and reduced IT expense, enabling better support and providing flexible growth options
- Redirected internal IT staff in support of strategic development initiatives
- Additional expansion into Worknet’s Indianapolis data center for an off-site disaster recovery environment with continuous data replication
To learn how Worknet can help your business, please contact us now.